Glossybox June 2016

I’m one of those people that go into town for something specific and end up leaving with 20 things I don’t need and 90% of the time it’s beauty products (the other 10% is probably pyjamas from Penneys – guiltyyyy)

Since starting YouTube I’ve been looking at different video ideas that other YouTubers do in order to create more content to my channel and videos that are really popular are the UnBoxing videos. Unboxing videos are usually on subscription boxes which is a box with  a selection of samples and full sized products for you to try and review each month. You pay one price a month for example €15 per month and the products are quite random. I tend to watch more beauty channels so they would obviously be subscribing to beauty boxes, there’s also option for healthy snacks, vintage gifts, crafts, fitness related etc.

I wanted to try out a Beauty Box as that would be what I’m most interested in. There’s a lot of companies out there such as Ipsy, Cohorted, Birchbox, Glossybox, FabFitFun etc. But living in Ireland we’re quite limited to what’s available to ship to us. Unfortunately a lot of the bigger one’s only ship within the US or within the UK. It came down to Glossybox or Birchbox and after looking at reviews I decided the best one to try was Glossybox!

The box costs €14 per month + €5 delivery to Ireland.

Check out my video on what I got in the June Glossybox & product details are below!

DE BRUYERE – After Sun Lotion Monoï

This aftersun cream helps you prolong your summer tan and especially works on sensitive skin. Enriched with monoï (gardenia petals soaked in coconut oil) along with vitamin E, it will hydrate, nourish and calm your skin. It’s also paraben and silicone-free, which means all the bad chemicals in the usual products are not added! And may I add it smells absolutely DELISH!

Retail Price: £9.48

IMG_0287

LADIVAL: Sun Protection Spray SPF 15

This sun-screen spray offers protection against four different types of YV rays, which most sun screens don’t. This amazing non-greasy, water-resistant formula is free from perfume, making it suitable for sensitive and eczema-prone skin, prickly heat and sun allergies. I also really like how it’s spray rather than cream because it soaks in the skin immediately rather than having to rub it in. Win!

Retail Price: £19.99

IMG_0291

STARSKIN: Eye Catcher; A Smoothing Bio-Cellulose Eye Mask

These eye masks are super hydrating and soaked in vitamin-rich serum. They reduce puffiness and dark circles around the eyes leaving you looking bright-eyed and more rejuvenated. Perfect for a pamper day or if you need to feel refreshed after a night out!

Retail Price: £8.50

IMG_0295

SPA TO YOU: Konjac Sponge

This is the latest trend from Asian countries such as Japan and Korea. Konjac sponges are made from the natural fibres of the konjac, a root vegetable native to Asia known for its ability to hold water. It’s more gentle than a normal scrub but has skin-buffing capabilities. The rubbery texture sponge leaves skin clean and unbelievably soft.

Retail Price: £6.99

IMG_0293

EMITE MAKE UP: Lip & Cheek Tint

This two-in-one tint for lips and cheeks is a perfect pick me up bring in your bag to spruce up your look. It’s easy to use, not too dark & a lovely colour. I’m happy they included one make-up item in this month’s Glossybox instead of just skincare products!

Retail Price: £12.50

IMG_0301IMG_0299

AUSSIE HAIR SAMPLE: 3 Minute Miracle Recontructor Deep Conditioner

This mini sample I think was just added as a bonus product. I haven’t actually tried it but I’m a fan of Aussie hair products and anything that can lessen the damage in my hair, I’m a fan of!

IMG_0297

Stay tuned for July’s Glossybox – coming soon!

Advertisements

Posted by

21 | Dublin & Toronto | Multimedia Journalist | Advice, Lifestyle, Beauty, Fashion & Travel Blogger |

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s